Initial test to diagnose or rule out creatine deficiency syndromes following clinical presentation. Order Creatine Disorders Panel, Serum or Plasma (2002328), simultaneously for proper result interpretation.
- Patient Preparation
- Random or timed urine.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL urine to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens exposed to more than one freeze/thaw cycle.
- Clinical information is needed for appropriate interpretation. Additional required information includes age, gender, diet (e.g., TPN therapy), drug therapy, and family history. Biochemical Genetics Patient History Form is available on the ARUP Web site at http://www.aruplab.com/patienthistory or by contacting ARUP Client Services.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 2 weeks
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|Creatine, Urine||By report|
|Guanidinoacetic Acid, Urine||By report|
|Creatinine, Urine||By report|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2002336||Guanidinoacetic acid, Urine||34155-2|
|2002339||Creatine Disorder Urine Interpretation|
- GAA & Creatine
- GAA + Creatine
- Guanidinoacetic Acid + Creatine
- Guanidnoacetic Acid & Creatine