- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), or serum separator tube
- Specimen Preparation
- Do not freeze whole blood specimens. Transport 1 mL whole blood, serum or plasma in a sterile container. (Min: 0.5 mL).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Urine (refer to BK Virus, Quantitative PCR, Urine, ARUP test code 2002310). Frozen whole blood. Heparinized specimens.
- Specimen source required.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: 1 month
A negative result (less than 2.6 log copies/mL or less than 390 copies/mL) does not rule out the presence of PCR inhibitors in the patient specimen or BK virus DNA concentrations below the level of detection of the assay. Inhibition may also lead to underestimation of viral quantitation.
No international standard is currently available for calibration of this assay. Caution should be taken when interpreting results generated by different assay methodologies.
See Compliance Statement A: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2002305||BK Virus (cpy/mL), Blood|
|2002307||BK Virus Source, Blood|
|2002308||BK Virus (log cpy/mL), Blood|
|2002309||BK Virus Interp, Blood|
- Polyomavirus (BK Virus, Quantitative PCR, Blood)