Chromosome analysis on lymph node biopsies.
- Patient Preparation
- Any specimen type for oncology studies other than peripheral blood, bone marrow, and solid tumors.
Thaw media prior to tissue inoculation.
Collect pleural or other body fluids in a green (sodium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- DO NOT FREEZE. Do not place in formalin.
Tissues: Transport 10 mm biopsy in a sterile, screw-top container filled with tissue culture transport media.
Fluid: Transport 5 mL fluid in original collection tube.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Tissue submitted in formalin.
- This test must be ordered using Oncology test request form #43099 or through your ARUP interface.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
A processing fee will be charged if this procedure is canceled at the client's request, after the test has been set up, or if the specimen integrity is inadequate to allow culture growth. The fee will vary based on specimen type.
Collect tissue in a sterile, screw-top container filled with tissue culture transport medium (ARUP Supply #32788). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. If no transport media is available, collect in plain RPMI, Hanks solution, saline, or ringers.
Contact ARUP Genetics Processing for other specimen types or information and specific collection and transportation instructions.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0090188||Chromosome Analysis, Oncology|
|2002195||EER Chromosome Analysis, Oncology|
- Chromosomes, Lymph Node
- Karyotype for lymphoma
- Karyotype, Lymph Node
- Lymphoma Chromosome