- Patient Preparation
- Thaw media prior to tissue inoculation. Solid tumor biopsy in a sterile, screw-top container filled with tissue culture transport medium (ARUP Supply #32788). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. If cytogenetics tissue media is not available, collect in plain RPMI, Hanks solution, saline, or ringers.
- Specimen Preparation
- DO NOT FREEZE. Do not place in formalin. Transport a 10 mm biopsy in a sterile, screw-top container filled with tissue culture transport medium. (Min: 5 mm) If specimen size is too large for a normal collection tube, a larger sterile container can be used such as a sterile urine cup and can be flooded with several tubes of cytogenetic tissue media.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Specimens preserved in formalin.
- This test must be ordered using Cytogenetic test request form #43097 or through your ARUP interface.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
A processing fee will be charged if this procedure is canceled at the client's request, after the test has been set up, or if the specimen integrity is inadequate to allow culture growth.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0097778||Chromosome Analysis, Solid Tumor|
|2002210||EER Chromosome Analysis, Solid Tumor|