Additional Technical Information
- Patient Preparation
- Non-diluted bone marrow collected in a heparinized syringe. Also acceptable: Green (sodium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 3 mL bone marrow to a green (sodium heparin) (Min: 1 mL). OR transport 5 mL whole blood (Min: 2 mL).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Paraffin-embedded specimens. Clotted specimens.
- If cell pellets or dropped cytogenetics slides are not submitted, a processing fee will apply.
This test must be ordered using Cytogenetic test request form #43099 or through ARUP interface. Submit the Patient History for Cytogenetics (Chromosome) Studies form with the electronic packing list (available at http://www.aruplab.com/genetics/forms.php).
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
See Compliance Statement A: www.aruplab.com/CS
This test must be ordered using Cytogenetic test request form 43097 or through your ARUP interface. Please submit the Patient History for Cytogenetics (Chromosome) Studies form with the electronic packing list. The form is available on ARUP's Web site, aruplab.com/Testing-Information/consentforms-patienthistory.jsp
A processing fee will be charged if this procedure is canceled at the client's request, after the test has been set up, or if the specimen integrity is inadequate to allow a complete analysis.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0092617||Multiple Myeloma Panel by FISH|
|2002198||EER Multiple Myeloma Panel by FISH|