- Patient Preparation
- Non-diluted bone marrow collected in a heparinized syringe. Also acceptable: Green (sodium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 3 mL bone marrow to a green (sodium heparin) (Min: 1 mL). OR transport 5 mL whole blood (Min: 2 mL).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Paraffin-embedded specimens. Clotted specimens.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
A processing fee will be charged if this procedure is canceled at the client's request, after the test has been set up, or if the specimen integrity is inadequate to allow a complete analysis.
This test must be ordered using Oncology test request form #43099 or through your ARUP interface.
Contact ARUP Genetics Processing for other specimen types or information and specific collection and transportation instructions.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0092617||Multiple Myeloma Panel by FISH|
|2002198||EER Multiple Myeloma Panel by FISH|