Prenatal chromosome analysis on amniotic fluid when individual
•Is at increased risk for fetal aneuploidy based on maternal age, abnormal NIPT, abnormal multiple marker screening, or abnormal fetal ultrasound.
•Has a family history of chromosome abnormality or genetic disorder.
•Desires diagnostic testing instead of screening.
- Patient Preparation
- Amniotic fluid.
- Specimen Preparation
- Do not freeze or expose to extreme temperatures. Transport 30 mL amniotic fluid in a sterile container. (Min: 15 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Bloody specimens.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
A processing fee will be charged if this procedure is canceled at the client's request, after the test has been set up, or if the specimen integrity is inadequate to allow culture growth.
Specimen and completed test request form, including clinical indication, must be received within 48 hours of collection.
This test must be ordered using Cytogenetic test request form #43097 or through your ARUP interface. Submit the Patient History for Prenatal Cytogenetics form (available at http://www.aruplab.com/genetics/forms.php).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0097601||Chromosome Analysis, Amniotic Fluid||33773-3|
|2002199||EER Chromosome Analysis Amniotic Fluid|
- Karyotype, Amniotic Fluid
- NIPD confirmation study
- NIPT confirmation study
- Prenatal Diagnosis, Amniotic Fluid, Prenatal Chromosomes, Amniotic Fluid