Patient History for Prenatal Cytogenetics
- Patient Preparation
- Amniotic fluid.
- Specimen Preparation
- Do not freeze or expose to extreme temperatures. Transport 30 mL amniotic fluid in a sterile container. (Min: 15 mL) Specimen and completed test request form, including clinical indication, must be received within 48 hours of collection.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Bloody specimens.
- This test must be ordered using Cytogenetic test request form #43097 or through your ARUP interface. Submit the Patient History for Prenatal Cytogenetics form (available at http://www.aruplab.com/genetics/forms.php).
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
A processing fee will be charged if this procedure is canceled at the client's request, after the test has been set up, or if the specimen integrity is inadequate to allow culture growth.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0097601||Chromosome Analysis, Amniotic Fluid|
|2002199||EER Chromosome Analysis Amniotic Fluid|
- Karyotype, Amniotic Fluid
- NIPD confirmation study
- NIPT confirmation study
- Prenatal Diagnosis, Amniotic Fluid, Prenatal Chromosomes, Amniotic Fluid