Cytogenetic Test Request Form Recommended (ARUP form #43097)
- Patient Preparation
- Thaw media prior to collection.
- Specimen Preparation
- DO NOT FREEZE. Do not place in formalin. Transport chorionic villus (CVS) specimen in a sterile, screw-top container filled with tissue culture transport medium.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Specimens preserved in formalin.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
A processing fee to cover sex confirmation and rule out maternal contamination by FISH is added to all Chromosome Analysis, Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS) tests. An additional processing fee will be charged if this procedure is canceled at the client's request, after the test has been set up, or if the specimen integrity is inadequate to allow culture growth.
Chorionic villus in a sterile, screw-top container filled with tissue culture transport medium (ARUP Supply #32788). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. If cytogenetics tissue media is not available, collect in plain RPMI, Hanks solution, saline, or ringers.
If specimen size is too large for a normal collection tube, a larger sterile container can be used such as a sterile urine cup and can be flooded with several tubes of cytogenetic tissue media.
This test must be ordered using Cytogenetic test request form #43097 or through your ARUP interface. Submit the Patient History for Prenatal Cytogenetics form with the electronic packing list (available at http://www.aruplab.com/genetics/forms.php).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0097610||Chromosome Analysis, Chorionic Villus|
|2002201||EER Chromosome Analysis Chorionic Villus|
- chorionic villi
- Karyotype, CVS
- NIPD confirmation study
- NIPT confirmation study
- Prenatal Chromosomes, CVS
- Prenatal Diagnosis, CVS, Chromosome Analysis