- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube, plain red, lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow serum specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transport 1 mL serum or plasma. (Min: 0.2 mL) Avoid repeated freeze/thaws.)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimen types other than serum or plasma. Specimens stored or transported at room temperature for more than 48 hours.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 10 days; Frozen: 1 year
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|