Allergens, Foods, Common 10
ImmunoCAP Fluorescent Enzyme Immunoassay
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Multiple patient encounters should be avoided.
- Serum separator tube. Multiple specimen tubes should be avoided.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1.7 mL to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.8 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed, icteric or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
|Reference Intervals for all Components|
|Less than 0.10 kU/L||No significant level detected|
|0.10-0.34 kU/L||Clinical relevance undetermined|
|17.51 kU/L or Greater||Very High|
Allergen results of 0.10-0.34 kU/L are intended for specialist use as the clinical relevance is undetermined. Even though increasing ranges are reflective of increasing concentrations of allergen-specific IgE, these concentrations may not correlate with the degree of clinical response or skin testing results when challenged with a specific allergen. The correlation of allergy laboratory results with clinical history and in vivo reactivity to specific allergens is essential. A negative test may not rule out clinical allergy or even anaphylaxis.
Allergens included: Banana, Peanut, Egg White, Egg Yolk, Corn, Gluten, Milk (Cow's), Strawberry, Soybean, Wheat.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0055013||Allergen, Food, Egg White IgE|
|0055020||Allergen, Food, Milk (Cow) IgE|
|0055024||Allergen, Food, Peanut IgE|
|0055031||Allergen, Food, Soybean IgE|
|0055034||Allergen, Food, Wheat IgE|
|0055041||Allergen, Interp, Immunocap Score IgE|
|0055078||Allergen, Food, Corn IgE|
|0055212||Allergen, Food, Egg Yolk IgE|
|0099569||Allergen, Food, Gluten IgE|
|0099634||Allergen, Food, Banana IgE|
|0099639||Allergen, Food, Strawberry IgE|