Monitor engraftment of donor cells post allogenic stem cell transplantation.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), or yellow (ACD Solution A or B). OR bone marrow in lavender (EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 3 mL whole blood OR 1 mL bone marrow.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Post-transplantation results will be compared to pre-transplant recipient and donor genotypes, therefore, donor and recipient specimens must be obtained and genotyped before the transplant event occurs.
If cell sorting is required, refer to Chimerism, Post-Transplant, Sorted Cells (ARUP test code 2002064).
- Ambient: 72 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Unacceptable
Type Recipient - Recipient cells only.
Mixed - Donor and Recipient cells present. Semi-quantitative results of percentage of donor and recipient cells will be reported.
Indication: Monitoring for bone marrow transplant patients; correlation with clinical status and consideration of the interval between bone marrow transplantation and testing is necessary for proper interpretation of results.
Methodology: PCR followed by capillary electrophoresis. Specimens are analyzed using 15 autosomal markers (D8S1179, D21S11, D7S820, CSF1PO, D3S1358, THO1, D13S317, D16S539, D2S1338, D19S433, vWa, TPOX, D18S51, D5S818, and FGA) and one gender marker (amelogenin).
Kit Used: AmpFLSTR Identifiler® PCR Amplification Kit, Applied Biosystems.
Limit of Detection: 2% of minor cell population.
Limitations: Diagnostic errors can occur due to rare sequence variations.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2002039||Chimerism,Post, Margin of Error|
|2002040||Chimerism,Post, Percent Recipient|
|2002041||Chimerism,Post, Percent Donor|
|2002042||Chimerism,Post, Informative Loci|
- Bone Marrow DNA typing
- Bone Marrow DNA Typing Transplant Eval., Post-Transplant
- Bone Marrow Post-Trans Eval
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Chimerism Evaluation
- Transplant Analysis
- Transplant Evaluation