PCA3 - Prostate Cancer Biomarker
Do not use for initial prostate cancer screening. Preferred test is total prostate specific antigen (PSA) (0070121) in conjunction with digital rectal exam. May be used to follow up an indeterminate PSA result. Also useful in assessing the need for a repeat biopsy in patients with elevated total PSA and an initial negative biopsy.
Transcription-Mediated Amplification/Hybridization Protection Assay
New York DOH Approval Status
This test will be sent out to a New York DOH approved laboratory.
- Patient Preparation
- Urine. Collect according to PCA3 specimen collection kit instructions (ARUP Supply # 45682). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer two 2 mL aliquots of urine to individual GenProbe APTIMA® Tubes. (Min: 2 mL/each tube.)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens not collected in a PCA3 urine collection kit. Less than 2 ml of urine in each tube.
- Complete patient clinical and therapeutic history, including diagnostic information, is required.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: up to 4 days is acceptable, but not preferred; Frozen: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2002000||PCA3 Prostate Cancer Biomarker|
- CaPDETECT:PCA3 (PCA3-Prostate Cancer Biomarker)
Performed at Avero Diagnostics