Assay: Mon, Wed, Fri
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect paraffin block from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained 5-micron slides. (Min: 3 slides). Transport block and/or slide(s) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). Less than 25 percent tumor in tissue. Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report. Tissue block will be returned after testing.
- bient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0040249||KRAS Mutation Detection||21702-6|
- Anti-EGFR therapy eligibility
- anti-EGFR therapy resistance testing
- BRAF codon 600
- Cetuximab (Erbitux)
- KRAS codons 12, 13, 61
- Panitumumab (Vectibix)