- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL) Parallel testing is preferred, and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|Bordetella pertussis Antibody, IgA by ELISA with Reflex to Immunoblot|| |
|2001768||Bordetella pertussis Antibody, IgG by ELISA with Reflex to Immunoblot|| |
|2001769||Bordetella pertussis Antibody, IgM by ELISA with Reflex to Immunoblot|| |
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2001770||B. pertussis Ab, IgA by ELISA|
|2001782||B. pertussis Ab, IgG by ELISA|
|2001783||B. pertussis Ab, IgM by ELISA|
- B. pertussis Abs panel reflex
- Pertussis Abs (IgA, IgG, IgM) reflex to immunoblot
- Pertussis Antibody