Bordetella pertussis Antibodies, IgA and IgG by ELISA with Reflex to Immunoblot
Semi-Quantitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay/Qualitative Immunoblot
New York DOH Approval Status
This test will be sent out to a New York DOH approved laboratory.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL) Parallel testing is preferred, and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|Bordetella pertussis Antibody, IgA by ELISA with Reflex to Immunoblot|
|2001768||Bordetella pertussis Antibody, IgG by ELISA with Reflex to Immunoblot|
Refer to report.
If Bordetella pertussis Antibody, IgA by ELISA is 1.2 U/mL or greater, then Bordetella pertussis IgA Immunoblot testing will be added; if Bordetella pertussis Antibody, IgG by ELISA is 1.0 U/mL or greater, then Bordetella pertussis IgG Immunoblot testing will be added. Additional charges apply.
86615 x2; if reflexed, add 86615 for each Immunoblot
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2001770||B. pertussis Ab, IgA by ELISA|
|2001782||B. pertussis Ab, IgG by ELISA|
- Pertussis Antibody (Bordetella pertussis Antibodies, IgA & IgG by ELISA with Reflex to Immunoblot)
- Whooping Cough (Bordetella pertussis Antibodies, IgA & IgG by ELISA with Reflex to Immunoblot)