- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|Bordetella pertussis Antibody, IgM by ELISA||0.9 U/mL or less: Negative - No significant level of detectable Bordetella pertussis IgM antibody.|
1.0-1.1 U/mL: Equivocal - Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.2 U/mL or greater: Positive - IgM antibody to Bordetella pertussis detected, which may indicate a current or recent exposure/immunization to B. pertussis.
|2004326||Bordetella pertussis Antibody, IgM by Immunoblot|| |
See Compliance Statement A: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2001783||B. pertussis Ab, IgM by ELISA||42329-3|
- B. pertussis IgM reflex
- Pertussis Antibody
- Pertussis IgM Ab ELISA reflex to immunoblot