Bordetella pertussis Antibody, IgM by ELISA with Reflex to Immunoblot
Semi-Quantitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay/Qualitative Immunoblot
New York DOH Approval Status
This test will be sent out to a New York DOH approved laboratory.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|Bordetella pertussis Antibody, IgM by ELISA||0.9 U/mL or less: Negative-No significant level of detectable Bordetellapertussis IgM antibody.|
1.0-1.1 U/mL: Equivocal-Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.2 U/mL or greater: Positive-IgM antibody to Bordetellapertussis detected, which may indicate a current or recent exposure/immunization to B. pertussis.
|2004326||Bordetella pertussis Antibody, IgM by Immunoblot|
Recommend that treatment decisions be based on the result of the B. pertussis IgM immunoblot test instead of the ELISA test. B. pertussis IgM test by ELISA may produce false-positive results.
If Bordetella pertussis Antibody, IgM by ELISA is 1.2 U/mL or greater, then Bordetella pertussis IgM Immunoblot testing will be added. Additional charges apply.
86615 Bordetella IgM; if reflexed add 86615 for Bordetella IgM Immunoblot
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2001783||B. pertussis Ab, IgM by ELISA|
- Pertussis Antibody (Bordetella pertussis Antibody, IgM by ELISA with Reflex to Immunoblot)
- Whooping Cough (Bordetella pertussis Antibody, IgM by ELISA with Reflex to Immunoblot)