In most cases, serology testing is not recommended for the diagnosis of active pertussis infection. CDC first-line tests for pertussis are PCR (0065080
) and/or culture (0060117
Semi-Quantitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay/Qualitative Immunoblot
Specimens from New York clients will be sent out to a New York DOH approved laboratory.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
| ||Bordetella pertussis Antibody IgG by ELISA
||Effective August 19, 2013|
|2004327||Bordetella pertussis Antibody, IgG by Immunoblot
|Bordetella pertussis Antibody, IgG by Immunoblot
|Effective February 19, 2013
|Bordetella pertussis Ab, IgG by Immunoblot Interp
|B. pertussis, IgG Immunoblot PT100
|B. pertussis, IgG Immunoblot PT
|B. pertussis, IgG Immunoblot FHA
If Bordetella pertussis Antibody, IgG by ELISA is 1.0 U/mL or greater, then Bordetella pertussis IgG Immunoblot testing will be added. Additional charges apply.
86615 Bordetella IgG; if reflexed add 86615 Bordetella IgG Immunoblot
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2001782||B. pertussis Ab, IgG by ELISA|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.
- B. pertussis IgG reflex
- Pertussis Antibody
- Pertussis IgG reflex to immunoblot