- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
0.9 µg/mL or less: Antibody concentration not protective.
1.0-2.0 µg/mL: Equivocal.
2.1 µg/mL or greater: Antibody to Neisseria meningitidis detected. Suggestive of protection.
Responder status is determined according to the ratio of the one month post-vaccination concentration to pre-vaccination concentration of IgG antibodies to N. meningitidis (Types A, C, Y, and W-135) as follows:
1. If the one month post-vaccination concentration is less than 3.0 µg/mL, the patient is considered to be a non-responder.
2. If the one month post-vaccination concentration is greater than or equal to 3.0 µg/mL, a patient with a ratio of greater than or equal to 4 is a good responder, a ratio of 2-4 is a weak responder, and a ratio of less than 2 is considered a non-responder
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2001604||N.meningitidis Type A IgG|
|2001605||N.meningitidis Type C IgG|
|2001606||N.meningitidis Type Y IgG|
|2001607||N.meningitidis Type W-135 IgG|
- Neisseria meningitidis (Neisseria meningitidis Tetravalent Antibodies (Serogroups A, C, W-135 & Y), IgG
- Vaccine Resonse (Neisseria meningitidis Tetravalent Antibodies (Serogroups A, C, W-135 & Y), IgG)