- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic, specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0050507||St. Louis Encephalitis Antibody, IgG by IFA, Serum||Less than 1:16|
|0050508||California Encephalitis Antibody, IgG by IFA, Serum||Less than 1:16|
|0050509||Eastern Equine Encephalitis Antibody, IgG by IFA, Serum||Less than 1:16|
|0050514||Western Equine Encephalitis Antibody, IgG by IFA, Serum||Less than 1:16|
|0050234||West Nile Virus Antibody, IgG by ELISA, Serum||1.29 IV or less: Negative - No significant level of West Nile virus IgG antibody detected.|
1.30-1.49 IV: Equivocal - Questionable presence of West Nile virus IgG antibody detected. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.50 IV or greater: Positive - Presence of IgG antibody to West Nile virus detected, suggestive of current or past infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0050234||West Nile Virus Ab, IgG, Ser|
|0050507||St. Louis Encephalitis Ab, IgG, Serum|
|0050508||Calif Encephalitis Antibody IgG|
|0050509||Eastern Equine Enceph Ab, IgG|
|0050514||Western Equine Enceph Ab, IgG, Serum|
- Encephalitis Antibodies