This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Supine: 1. Specimen should be obtained between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. (after at least two hours in supine position); 2. Normal sodium diet (100-200 mEq/day) for at least three days; 3. Take no medications known to affect renin-aldosterone system.
Upright: 1. Specimen should be obtained before noon (after at least two hours in upright position; seated or standing); 2. Normal sodium diet (100-200 mEq/day) for at least three days; 3. Take no medications known to affect renin-aldosterone system.
Contact Medical Director if more information is needed.
- Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA). Do not collect in refrigerated tubes.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate plasma from cells ASAP. Transfer 2 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum. Specimens collected in citrate, heparin, or oxalate. Hemolyzed or refrigerated specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 4 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 4 weeks
Do not use this test for patients treated with Cathepsin B.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.