- Patient Preparation
- Cervical brush in SurePath liquid-based Pap test Media. Refer to "Sample Collection for the Diagnosis of STD" under Specimen Handling at www.aruplab.com for specific specimen collection and transport instructions.
- Specimen Preparation
- Vortex SurePath media and transfer a 1 mL aliquot to APTIMA Combo 2 transport media (ARUP supply #42711) within 24 hours of collection. Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. To reduce the potential for contamination SurePath specimens should be poured off, using sterile technique, into the APTIMA Specimen Transfer Tube prior to Cytology Testing.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens in any transport media other than indicated above. Specimens from patients that are less than 16 years of age.
- Specimen source is required.
- SurePath Media: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: 1 week
APTIMA Media: Ambient: 2 weeks; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 1 month
Positive results are confirmed using an alternative nucleic acid target in accordance with the CDC guidelines. See: Screening Tests To Detect Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae Infections - 2002. (http://www.cdc.gov/std/LabGuidelines/rr5115.pdf)
This test is intended for medical purposes only and is not valid for the evaluation of suspected sexual abuse or for other forensic purposes.
In certain contexts, culture may be required to meet applicable laws and regulations for diagnosis of C. trachomatis and N. gonorrhoeae infections.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2001552||C. trachomatis by TMA, SurePath|
|2001553||N. gonorrhoeae by TMA, SurePath|