Order to determine thrombotic risk in individuals known to be factor V Leiden heterozygotes.
Polymerase Chain Reaction/Restriction Enzyme Digestion/Gel Electrophoresis
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA). Also acceptable: Yellow (ACD solution A or B)
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 5 mL whole blood to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2001550||Factor V R2 Mutation|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.
- A4070G Mutation (Factor V, R2 Mutation)
- Factor V HR2 (Factor V, R2 Mutation)
- H1299R Mutation (Factor V, R2 Mutation)
- Haplotype R2 (Factor V, R2 Mutation)
- HR2 (Factor V, R2 Mutation)
Performed at Esoterix Coagulation