May aid in dianosis of urothelial cardinoma and monitroing for tumor recurrence.
- Patient Preparation
- Second-morning, clean-catch voided urine specimen in UroVysion FISH Collection Kit (ARUP Supply #41440) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connector contact Client Services at (800) 522-2787. For specific instructions refer to Specimen Collection & Handling.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport the entire collection in the original collection kit. (Min: 35 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens in inappropriate fixative. Specimens submitted in expired reagents.
- Submit source information with the specimen.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
Positive: Numeric chromosomal aberrations associated with urothelial carcinoma identified.
Positive: Positive results indicate the presence of one or more numeric chromosomal abnormalities commonly associated with urothelial carcinoma, within the cells collected in this specimen. Positive results in the absence of clinical documentation of urothelial carcinoma within the bladder suggest the possibility of urothelial carcinoma or other urologic malignancy from another site (including ureter, kidney, urethra, and prostate). In this circumstance, further clinical evaluation to exclude these as a source of the abnormal cells is justified.
The UroVysion Bladder Cancer Kit (UroVysion Kit) is approved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2001221||UroVysion FISH Specimen Source||31208-2|
- Bladder Cancer
- Bladder Cancer FISH
- Bladder Tumor
- Bladder Tumor FISH
- Urinary Tract Cancer
- Urothelial Carcinoma