May be used for routine 3-year interval cervical cancer screening test in all women ≥21 years. For 5-year interval testing (co-testing) in women 30-65 years, order with Human Papillomavirus (HPV), High Risk by PCR, ThinPrep (2011947) or Human Papillomavirus (HPV), High Risk by Transcription-Mediated Amplification (TMA), ThinPrep (2007893).
- Patient Preparation
- Cervical specimen in a ThinPrep Pap Test collection kit, broom kit (ARUP Supply #12587) or brush/spatula kit (ARUP Supply #40624) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. For specific instructions refer to Specimen Collection and Handling.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport cervical specimen in the original collection kit.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens not collected in a ThinPrep Pap Test collection kit or specimens submitted in an expired collection kit.
- Ambient: 3 weeks; Refrigerated; 3 weeks; Frozen; Unacceptable
The Pap test is a screening test for cervical cancer and its precursors with an inherent false-negative rate.
Store PreservCyt Solution without cytologic samples at 15°C to 30°C in the vials provided. Do not use solution beyond expiration date marked on the vial.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2000542||ThinPrep Pap Specimen Source|
- Pap Smear
- Pap Test
- ThinPrep Pap