Specimens from New York clients will be sent out to a New York DOH approved laboratory, if possible.
- Patient Preparation
- Patient should be fasting for 10-12 hours prior to collection of specimen. Medications affecting intestinal motility or insulin levels should be discontinued, if possible 48 hours prior to collection.
- GI preservative tube (ARUP supply #47531). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. Tubes for this test are provided at a cost of $30 each.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate plasma from cells within 10 minutes. Transfer 10 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens not collected in a GI preservative tube.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 6 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
Performed at Interscience