- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, icteric, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
0.80-1.20 AU: Equivocal - Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.21 AU or greater: Positive - IgM antibodies to measles (rubeola) virus detected. Suggestive of current or recent infection or immunization. However, low levels of IgM antibodies may occasionally persist for more than 12 months post-infection or immunization.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0099597||Measles, Rubeola, Antibody IgM|
- English Measles (Measles (Rubeola) Antibody, IgM)
- MMR (Measles (Rubeola) Antibody, IgM)
- Rubeola (Measles (Rubeola) Antibody, IgM)