- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, hemolyzed, heat-inactivated, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
0.80-1.20 IV: Equivocal - Borderline levels of IgM antibody to Mumps virus. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.21 IV or greater: Positive - Presence of IgM antibody to Mumps virus detected, which may indicate a current or recent infection. However, low levels of IgM antibody may occasionally persist for more than 12 months post-infection or immunization.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0099589||Mumps Virus Antibody, IgM||25419-3|
- Mumps IgM
- Mumps IgM Antibody, IFA (Serum)
- Mumps Serology