Semi-Quantitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
< 20 EU: Negative
20-25 EU: Borderline positive
> 25 EU: Positive
The ssDNA antibody test detects ssDNA and some dsDNA antibodies. As a result, patient samples should also be tested for dsDNA antibodies in order to more accurately determine the level of anti-ssDNA antibodies. By calculating the ratio (ssDNA/dsDNA), a conclusion can be made as to the presence of ssDNA antibodies. A ratio less than or equal to 1.0 indicates the absence of ssDNA antibodies. A ratio greater than 1.0 indicates the presence of ssDNA antibodies.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0099528||ssDNA (Single-Stranded DNA) Ab, IgG|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
- Anti-ssDNA Antibody
- Single Stranded DNA Antibody
- SS DNA
- ssDNA Antibody