Assessment of clinical activity of and initial diagnostic testing for myasthenia gravis. For reflexive panel, which contains binding, blocking, and modulating antibodies, refer to Acetylcholine Receptor Antibody Reflexive Panel (2001571).
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 2 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Positive: 46% or greater modulating
Effective August 20, 2012
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0099521||Acetylcholine Modulating Antibody||30192-9|
- AChR Antibody
- ACHR modulating antibody
- Muscle nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor (AChR) Modulating Antibody
- Myasthenia Gravis Antibodies