Aid in the diagnosis of schistosomiasis. Positive results in patients from endemic areas may not represent active infection.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube (Min: 0.1 mL).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Bacterially contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, icteric, lipemic, or turbid specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
|Less than 0.20 OD||Negative: No significant level of IgG antibody to Schistosoma detected.|
|Greater than or equal to 0.20 OD||Positive: Presumptive evidence of a current or past infection with Schistosoma.|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0099411||Schistosoma Antibody, IgG||25757-6|
- Schistosoma IgG Antibody (Serum)