- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube, lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), or green (sodium or lithium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
1.8-2.2 EV: Equivocal - Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
2.3 EV or greater: Positive - IgG antibody to H. pylori detected, suggestive of previous exposure or active infection.
For additional information, refer to Helicobacter pylori topic at arupconsult.com
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0099359||Helicobacter pylori Antibody IgG|
- H. Pylori IgG Antibody Serology
- H. pylori IgG antibody test
- Ulcer Antibody Test