Do not use to diagnose H. pylori
; order H. pylori
urea breath test (0020646
) or fecal antigen by EIA (0065147
). Use IgG only if breath and/or stool tests cannot be performed.
Semi-Quantitative Enzyme Immunoassay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube, lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), or green (sodium or lithium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
1.7 EV or less: Negative - No significant level of IgG antibody to H. pylori detected.
1.8-2.2 EV: Equivocal - Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
2.3 EV or greater: Positive - IgG antibody to H. pylori detected, suggestive of previous exposure or active infection.
Previously known as Campylobacter pylori, Helicobacter pylori-specific antibodies are detectable in almost all adult patients with duodenal ulcer and about 80% of patients with gastric ulcer. The prevalence of H. pylori antibodies increases with age and can be found in a significant percentage of healthy individuals over the age of 50. Positive results do not confirm the diagnosis of H. pylori-associated gastritis or duodenal ulcer, but negative results are strong evidence against these diagnoses.
For additional information, refer to Helicobacter pylori topic at arupconsult.com
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0099359||Helicobacter pylori Antibody IgG|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.
- Camplyobacter (Helicobacter pylori Antibody, IgG)