- Patient Preparation
- Patient should fast overnight for 12 hours and should not consume alcohol for 24 hours prior to blood draw.
- Plain red or serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Protect from light during collection, storage, and shipment. Separate serum or plasma from cells within 1 hour of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Amber Transport Tube. (Min: 0.6 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Frozen. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Any specimen other than serum or EDTA plasma. Hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 6 months
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
- K1, Vitamin