Immunoglobulin D, Serum
Mon, Wed, Fri
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Plasma is not recommended.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: 1 month
Less than or equal to 15.3 mg/dL
IgD is one of the five classes of immunoglobulin. IgD is mainly found on the surface of B-cells and may help regulate B-cell function. IgD likely serves as an early B-cell antigen receptor, however, the function of the circulating IgD is largely unknown.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
- IgD (Immunoglobulin D, Serum)
- IgD, Total by Nephelometry (Immunoglobulin D, Serum)