Not recommended for cardiovascular risk assessment in asymptomatic adults. May aid in CVD risk stratification in specific populations.
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube or plasma separator tube. Also acceptable: Green (sodium or lithium heparin), lavender (EDTA), or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Body Fluids.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 3 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.