Quantitative Hemolytic Assay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow blood to clot at room temperature for 20-60 minutes. Separate from clot. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze at -70°C or on dry ice within 2 hours of draw. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum separator tubes.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 3 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0099120||Complement Component 9 Functional|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
- Hemolytic C9 Complement (Complement Component 9 Functional)
- Ninth Component of Complement (Complement Component 9 Functional)
Performed at National Jewish