Aid in the diagnosis of toxocariasis.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL) Acute and convalescent specimens must be labeled as such; parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Please mark specimen plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated or heat-inactivated specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
0.300-0.500 OD: Equivocal - Questionable presence of Toxocara IgG antibody detected. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
0.501 OD or greater: Positive - Presence of IgG antibody to Toxocara detected, suggestive of current or past infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0099090||Toxocara Antibody IgG by ELISA||5386-8|
- Toxocara Ab
- Toxocara Antibody, ELISA (Serum)