Follow-up test for complement activity screening when CH50 is low or absent and AH50 is normal and high suspicion remains for complement deficiency.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow blood to clot at room temperature for 20-60 minutes. Separate serum from cells and freeze on dry ice or at -70°C within 2 hours. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.25 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Separator tubes. Thawed specimens.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 1 year
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0099078||Complement Component C1 Functional||58462-3|
- C1 (Complement Component 1, Functional)
Performed at National Jewish