Follow-up test for complement activity screening when CH50 and AH50 are low or absent and high suspicion remains for complement deficiency.
Quantitative Radial Immunodiffusion
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate plasma from cells within 1 hour. Transfer 1 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze on dry ice or at -70(Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 1 month
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0099072||C6 Complement Component|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.
- C6 Complement Component Level (Complement Component 6)
Performed at National Jewish