Follow-up test for complement activity screening when CH50 and AH50 are low or absent and high suspicion remains for complement deficiency.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells within 1 hour of draw. Transfer 1 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. Freeze at -70°C or on dry ice immediately. (Min: 0.25 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen at 20°C: Unacceptable; Frozen at -70°C: 1 year
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0099072||C6 Complement Component Level||4507-0|
- C6 Complement Component Level (Complement Component 6)
Performed at National Jewish