May aid in monitoring glucose control for diabetes in specific disorders. Not recommended as a substitute for hemoglobin A1c except in specific populations.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Pink (K2EDTA), or green (lithium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature before centrifuging. Transfer 0.5 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed specimens (may cause falsely elevated results).
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 72 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 2 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- Glycated Albumin
- Glycated Protein
- Glycated Serum Protein
- Protein Bound Glucose