Eastern Equine Encephalitis Antibody, IgM by IFA, Serum
EAST M SER
Semi-Quantitative Indirect Fluorescent Antibody
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as acute or convalescent.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic or specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Less than 1:16
This test is intended to be used as a semi-quantitative means of detecting eastern equine encephalitisvirus-specific IgM in serum samples in which there is a clinical suspicion of eastern equine encephalitisvirus infection. A positive result for IgM may suggest current or recent infection. This test should not be used solely for quantitative purposes, nor should the results be used without correlation to clinical history or other data. Because other members of the Alphavirus family, such as western equine encephalitis virus, show extensive cross-reactivity with eastern equine encephalitis virus, serologic testing specific for these species should also be performed.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0098733||Eastern Equine Enceph Ab, IgM|
- Encephalitis Antibody (Eastern Equine Encephalitis Antibody, IgM by IFA, Serum)