California Encephalitis Antibody, IgM by IFA, Serum
CAL M SER
Semi-Quantitative Indirect Fluorescent Antibody
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Remove from serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as acute or convalescent.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Heparinized specimens. Contaminated, heat-inactivated, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Less than 1:16
This test is intended to be used as a semi-quantitative means of detecting California Encephalitis Group virus-specific IgM in serum samples in which there is a clinical suspicion of California Encephalitis Group virus infection. A positive result for IgM may suggest current or recent infection. This test should not be used solely for quantitative purposes, nor should the results be used without correlation to clinical history or other data. LaCross virus is related within the California Encephalitis Group and generally is reactive with antibody to other viruses within this group.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0098731||California Encephalitis IgM|
- Encephalitis Antibody (California Encephalitis Antibody, IgM by IFA, Serum)
- Encephalitis, La Crosse (California Encephalitis Antibody, IgM by IFA, Serum)
- La Crosse Encephalitis (California Encephalitis Antibody, IgM by IFA, Serum)