Quantitative High Performance Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Pre-dose (trough) levels should be drawn.
- Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 1 mL whole blood. (Min: 0.25 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum or plasma. Specimens left at room temperature for longer than 24 hours. Clotted specimens.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 2 months
Effective February 18, 2014
| ||Therapeutic Range:
|Kidney transplant (in combination with Cyclosporine):
||Greater than 25 ng/mL
A range of 12-20 ng/mL has been suggested for liver transplant. The optimal therapeutic range for a given patient may differ from this suggested range based on the indication for therapy, treatment phase (initiation or maintenance), use in combination with other drugs, time of specimen collection relative to prior dose, type of transplanted organ, and/or the therapeutic approach of the transplant center.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
Sirolimus (Rapamune) whole blood concentrations can be measured by either chromatographic or immunoassay methodologies. These two methodologies are not directly interchangeable and the measured sirolimus whole blood concentration depends on the methodology used. Reference ranges may vary according to the specific immunoassay or HPLC-MS/MS test. Generally, immunoassays have been reported to have a positive bias relative to HPLC-MS/MS assays due to the detection of antibody cross-reactivity with sirolimus metabolites.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0098467||Sirolimus by HPLC-MS/MS|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.