- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube, lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), or green (sodium or lithium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-activated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
0.9-1.1 EV: Equivocal - Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.2 EV or greater: Positive - IgM antibody to H. pylori detected, suggestive of active infection.
For additional information, refer to Helicobacter pylori topic at arupconsult.com
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0098392||Helicobacter pylori Antibody, IgM|
- Camplyobacter (Helicobacter pylori Antibody, IgM)