Organic Acids, Urine
Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Random urine. Avoid dilute urine when possible.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 9 mL urine to ARUP Standard Tubes and freeze immediately. (Min: 3mL- for volumes less than 3mL, contact the Biochemical Genetics Lab before sending the specimen) Avoid dilute urine when possible.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Clinical information is needed for appropriate interpretation. Additional required information includes age, gender, diet (e.g., TPN therapy), drug therapy, and family history. Biochemical Genetics Patient History Form is available on the ARUP Web site at http://www.aruplab.com/patienthistory or by contacting ARUP Client Services.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 1 month
Reports include age appropriate reference intervals and interpretation.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
Certain analytes will be reported only if present at clinically significant concentrations (elevated). Client may request special reporting of an analyte of interest by one of the following methods: transmitting an ORDER COMMENT; faxing the request on the form, Patient History for Biochemical Genetics; or by contacting an ARUP Genetic Counselor at (800) 242-2787 extension 2141.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0081026||Lactic Acid, Urine|
|0081027||Pyruvic Acid, Urine|
|0081028||Succinic Acid, Urine|
|0081029||2-Ketoglutaric Acid, Urine|
|0081030||Fumaric Acid, Urine|
|0081031||Methylmalonic Acid, Urine|
|0081032||3-OH-Butyric Acid, Urine|
|0081033||Acetoacetic Acid, Urine|
|0081034||2-Keto-3-methylvaleric Acid, Urine|
|0081035||2-Ketoisocaproic Acid, Urine|
|0081036||2-Ketoisovaleric Acid, Urine|
|0081037||Ethylmalonic Acid, Urine|
|0081038||Adipic Acid, Urine|
|0081039||Suberic Acid, Urine|
|0081040||Sebacic Acid, Urine|
|0081041||4-OH-phenylacetic Acid, Urine|
|0081042||4-OH-phenyllactic Acid, Urine|
|0081043||4-OH-phenylpyruvic Acid, Urine|
|0095241||Organic Acids, Urine Interpretation|
- 5-Oxoproline (Organic Acids, Urine)
- Succinylacetone (Organic Acids, Urine)