- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), plasma preparation tube (PPT), or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells within 6 hours. Transfer 2 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.25 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heparinized specimens.
- On cells: Ambient: 6 hours. After separation from cells: Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: 4 months
An internal control monitors the specimen for inadequate specimen extraction or for the presence of inhibitors in the specimen. False positive results may occur. A negative result does not rule out the presence of PCR inhibitors in the patient specimen or hepatitis C virus RNA concentrations below the limit of detection by the assay.
This assay should not be used for blood donor screening, associated re-entry protocols, or for screening Human Cell, Tissues and Cellular Tissue-Based Products (HCT/P).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0098264||Hepatitis C Virus RNA Qualitative PCR|
- HCV Qualitative PCR (Hepatitis C Virus RNA Qualitative PCR)