Acceptable test for acute or convalescent phase of infection from Anaplasma phagocytophilium. May be useful when PCR testing is not an option (eg, outside the 2 week window for acute phase). However, PCR testing is generally preferred; refer to Tick-Borne Disease Panel by PCR, Blood (2008670) or Ehrlichia and Anaplasma Species by Real-Time PCR (2007862).
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 0.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.05 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Bacterially contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, icteric, lipemic, or turbid specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0097317||Anaplasma phagocytophilum (HGA) Antibody, IgG||Less than 1:80 - No significant level of IgG antibodies to A. phagocytophilum detected.|
Greater than or equal to 1:80 - Suggestive of a recent or past infection with A. phagocytophilum
|0097318||Anaplasma phagocytophilum (HGA) Antibody, IgM||Less than 1:16 - No significant level of IgM antibodies to A. phagocytophilum detected.|
Greater than or equal to 1:16 - Suggestive of a current or recent infection with A. phagocytophilum.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0097317||A. Phagocytophilum Antibody, IgG||23877-4|
|0097318||A. Phagocytophilum Antibody, IgM||23878-2|
- A. phagocytophilum IgG, IgM
- Anaplasma phagocytophilum
- Ehrlichiosis Serology
- Human Granulocytic Anaplasmosis (HGA)
- Human Granulocytic Ehrlichiosis (HGE)
- Phagocytophilum Titer