- Patient Preparation
- Collect control specimen from a healthy individual unrelated to patient at approximately the same time as and under similar conditions to the patient.
- Green (sodium or lithium heparin) (patient) AND green (sodium or lithium heparin) (control). Patient and control specimens must be collected within 48 hours of test performance.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 3 mL whole blood (patient) AND 3 mL whole blood (control) in original collection tubes. Do not refrigerate or freeze. LIVE NEUTROPHILS REQUIRED.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL ROOM TEMPERATURE.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Refrigerated or frozen specimens. Specimens in transport longer than 48 hours.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
Results are reported as the ratio of the mean channel fluorescence of stimulated cells versus unstimulated cells, which yields a stimulation index (SI).
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
Interpretation comparing the patient results to the client normal control and the laboratory control will be provided by the medical director.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0096657||Neutrophil Oxidative Burst||30903-9|
|2004851||EER Neutrophil Oxidative Burst||11526-1|
- CGD Test
- Chronic Granulomatous Disease Test
- DHR test
- Neutrophil Oxidation