- Patient Preparation
- Collect control specimen from a healthy individual unrelated to patient at approximately the same time as and under similar conditions to the patient.
- Green (sodium heparin) (patient) AND green (sodium heparin) (control). Also acceptable: Yellow (ACD Solution A) (patient) AND yellow (ACD Solution A) (control). Patient and control specimens must be collected within 48 hours of test performance.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 10 mL whole blood (patient) AND 10 mL whole blood (control) in original collection tubes. (Min: 7 mL (patient) AND 7 mL (control)) Do not refrigerate or freeze. LIVE LYMPHOCYTES REQUIRED.
Infant Minimum: 3 mL (patient) AND 7 mL (control).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL ROOM TEMPERATURE.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Yellow (ACD Solution B). Refrigerated or frozen specimens. Specimens in transport longer than 48 hours.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
Results are reported as the counts per minute (CPM) antigen stimulated versus control cultures and a stimulation index (SI) which represents the ratio of mean CPM of the stimulated lymphocytes to the mean CPM of the unstimulated control.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0096055||Lymphocyte Ag Proliferation|
- Antigen Proliferation, Lymphocytes