- Patient Preparation
- Draw specimen before administering immunosuppressive medications.
- Green (sodium or lithium heparin), lavender (EDTA), or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 5 mL whole blood. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL ROOM TEMPERATURE.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Clotted, hemolyzed, frozen, or refrigerated specimens. Specimens older than 48 hours.
New York State Clients: Clotted, hemolyzed, frozen, or refrigerated specimens. EDTA specimens older than 30 hours and heparin specimens older than 48 hours.
- THIS TEST IS FOR TRANSPLANT PATIENTS ONLY. WBC and lymph percent results with the same draw date and time as the CD3 specimen must be provided by the client. Specimens must be analyzed within 48 hours of collection. Some medications may affect immunophenotyping results and should be listed on the patient test request form.
New York State Clients: EDTA specimens must be analyzed within 30 hours of collection. Heparin specimens must be analyzed within 48 hours of collection.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
New York State Clients: Ambient: 30 hours in EDTA, 48 hours in heparin; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
Reports include age appropriate reference intervals and interpretation.
|Components||0-11 months||12-23 months||2 years and older|
|WBC (K/µL)||Must be provided by the client||Must be provided by the client||Must be provided by the client|
|% Lymph||Must be provided by the client||Must be provided by the client||Must be provided by the client|
|Absolute Lymph Count||Calculated from above information||Calculated from above information||Calculated from above information|
|%CD3||58-85 %||53-81 %||59-86 %|
|Abs CD3||2170-6500 cells/µL||1460-5440 cells/µL||650-2500 cells/µL|
See Compliance Statement A: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0097135||White Blood Cell Count|
- immunosuppresive therapy monitoring
- T-Cell Transplant Monitoring
- WBC, absolute lymphcount and CD3 absolute