- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate plasma from cells within one hour of collection. Transfer 2 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Thawed specimens. Specimens not collected in lavender (EDTA). Specimens not frozen within one hour of collection.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 1 year
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0095611||Parathyroid Hormone, CAP|
- Cyclase Activating Parathyroid Hormone (Parathyroid Hormone, CAP)