Human Immunodeficiency Virus 2 Antibody Confirmation by Immunoblot
Order only to confirm a repeatedly reactive HIV-2 antibody screen result. For diagnosing HIV-2, refer to Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 2 (HIV-2) Antibody by ELISA with Reflex to HIV-2 Supplemental (0051250), which follows the CDC proposed guidelines for diagnosing HIV-2 infection.
HIV 2 IBL
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 1 mL serum in the original collection tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Room temperature and frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 month
Refer to report
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0093295||HIV 2 Ab Confirmation by Immunoblot|
- HIV-2 Ab, IBL (Human Immunodeficiency Virus 2 Antibody Confirmation by Immunoblot)
Performed at Focus Diagnostics, Inc.